Reasons for Smiles
Dr. Julianne Bruno believes life is full of reasons to smile, and that a healthy, beautiful smile makes a difference in each person’s life. She loves being in a medical field that improves people’s self-confidence and overall health.
For Dr. Bruno, her regular visits with her patients are rewarding. She enjoys getting to know each person, and educating and motivating the patient throughout treatment. Dr. Bruno knows that achieving a beautiful smile is a team effort, and seeing the finished results — the healthy, beaming smiles — is professionally and personally fulfilling.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in nutrition – University of Florida
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in orthodontics and orthodontic fellowship – University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Orthodontic residency – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate of advanced graduate studies – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
- Master of Science in dentistry – Boston University School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Bruno's university education provided her with a solid foundational knowledge of orthodontics. This is an ever-changing field, though. Dr. Bruno is committed to remaining at the forefront of technological innovations and leading-edge treatments.
She actively pursues continuing education by attending Invisalign® conferences, local, regional, and national annual meetings, and the annual Gianelly Symposium. By staying up to date, Dr. Bruno is able to provide her patients with the highest level of care with minimal treatment time and discomfort.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the National Dental Honor Society
In the Community
Dr. Bruno has been active in community service for many years. She’s participated in Special Olympics Special Smiles, Relay for Life, and Give Kids a Smile. She also volunteers her time at the Winthrop Senior Center Health Fair, to educate people of all ages about oral health.
Dr. Bruno grew up in north-central Florida, in the town of Spring Hill. She moved to the South End of Boston in 2006 for dental school and now lives in Winthrop. Dr. Bruno enjoys living a healthy and active lifestyle through running and exercise. She’s also a big foodie, and loves trying new restaurants as well as cooking at home and learning new culinary techniques.
Personally, Dr. Bruno is passionate about music and sports. She comes from a musical family and loves singing. She’s also a huge sports fan, so she enjoys college football and attending Patriots and Red Sox games.